And we are celebrating a special anniversary because May 9th commemorates the Schuman Plan, with which the French Foreign Minister Schuman proposed to the German Government on May 9th, 1950 the creation of a joint market for coal and steel. In this sense, we are celebrating70 years of the Schuman Plan and 70 years of European integration this year a unique project that many in the world envy us for, even if the implementation is difficult at times.
The Liaison Offices of the European Parliament together with the Representations of the European Commission in Germany invite you to celebrate Europe Day digitally under the motto "Europe lives solidarity" because the current challenges can only be solved with great solidarity.
This virtual Europe Day has many offers and action points in store for you:
- EU quiz with raffle of prizes among the best participants (EU hoodies and other nice prizes).
- Interactive online voting tool on EU policy challenges. Cast your vote! And find out about the work of the European Commission and the European Parliament at the same time.
- Webinar on "Better together in the future - EU ways out of the Corona crisis!" - Gabriele Bischoff, Member of the European Parliament and Jörg Wojahn, Head of the Representation of the European Commission in Germany will be available to answer your questions at 2 pm. We look forward to your ideas, your input and the exchange with you.
- Live concert Live concert with musicians from 27 member states from 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Europe talking straight - Clips with short answers from Members of the European Parliament to questions from citizens about the EU's response to the Corona crisis.
The virtual Europe Day will take place on the Experience Europe website: www.erlebnis-europa.eu